1/08/2008

Bowling With Friends of Sean Cawley

I was on my way home when I decided to stop at Johnny B's, the former O'Donnell's bar on Garrett Rd. in Drexel Hill. While in there, I spotted a flyer tacked up on the wall about a guy named Sean Cawley and how they were having some benefit bowling thing for him. Well I found out that he met an untimely death in 2002, and that his family and friends launched an orginazation in his honor. As a former alumni of Bonner, I just had to make this post. I had great times in Bonner - (J-U-G) or better known as "Justice Under God" was my favourite past time LOL. From Monsignor Bonner's web site: Friends of Sean Cawley Friends of Sean Cawley is a benevolent, charitable organization established in the honor and the memory of Sean Cawley. Sean Cawley graduated from St. Laurence in 1986 and Monsignor Bonner in 1990. Upon his untimely death in 2002, some close friends and family members created this group to help members of the community in ways in which Sean would have been proud. Most years, the Friends of Sean Cawley hopes to give a grant to a student to attend Monsignor Bonner. In 2004 and 2005, the organization granted a St. Laurence student a four-year scholarship to Monsignor Bonner. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.friendsofseancawley.com A flyer about Robert Staffieri was the other one I noticed. Both men went to Bonner, both met an untimely death, and both are remembered well enough by countless friends and family that still after a few years, people still care. I do not know these people not their families, but I do believe that these two guys must have been fun to be around, and the kind of person to give you the shirt off of their back, even if you really didn't need it. Here are the details, coming up real soon so give it a passing thought! When: January 26, 2008 Time: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm Price: $45.00 (includes bowling lanes and rentals,pizza, snacks, beverages, and beer) Where: Wynnewood Lanes Call 484-614-6198 or 610-909-6187 for tickets. P.s. You can even take the P&W there, as I used to do from 69th street. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.