9/11/2010

COSA In Delaware County - What a Joke!

I have a lot of issues with this so called "Helping the aging of Delaware County". Number one, in my opinion, they do nothing but ruin family ties, steal the senior citizens assets, and harass and intimidate people who care about their parents/relatives who are elderly and in need.

I will be posting much more on this issue, concerning my Mother, Catherine Ward, currently in Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital with bedsores caused by the inept staff in my opinion. From their website:

"The County Office of Services for the Aging (COSA) is the Department of County Government responsible for planning, coordinating and administering programs and services for the County's population over the age of sixty. COSA's goal is to enable senior citizens to maintain their independence and dignity, remain in their own homes and communities with appropriate support services, and to deter or prevent unnecessary institutionalization. Special emphasis is placed on serving those who are frail, living alone and are functionally disabled or otherwise in social or economical need."

Well Mom needs to be put in a home! And, when you "As in Fitz Hospital and your agents" send her back home, and she winds up blowing up the block via her not turning on the stove all the way, I'll see you all in a court of law. you see, i just played my hand. Catherine Ward CANNOT be left alone in her home, but you want to do just that. And it's all about MONEY, correct?

And where are those "State Reps " Micozzie and Civera that several people tried to contact about my families situation? Remember November is fast approaching, and YOU are not representing me, my Mother, nor anyone concerned.My sister, Myself and most importantly, my MOTHER needs 24/7 care, care that I cannot give her, nor our family.

Do the right thing, contact me and tell me that this matter will be resolved.. 


P.S. Matt? Your teetering on having a private civil complaint lodged against you concerning me.

Cheers.

15 comments:

  1. I feel your frustration.My family lost everything to a fire that was no fault of ours. There was no TV cameras so politicans were nowhere to be found. They didnt care for our tears. Civera, Micozzie couldnt care less nor did a list of others.The problem is we work and pay taxes therfore we are not needed. We relocated to Montgomery County and the story is the same. Politicians only care at election time. They need your vote so they can keep their plush jobs. If you want real help...change your name, stop working and get welfare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said earlier, Cosa and or the hospital wants to just ship her home. I have to work and my sister is stressed out to the point of a nervous breakdown.

    Some in the Hospital deem my Mother competent.Competent enough to not bathe in weeks, to flip out if you try to run a vacuum, or cook on her stove, or use her washer.

    I'm out of options here. Even the police said to my wife that Mom cannot be left alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still considering voting straight Republican?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll vote against any incumbent that doesn't respond to me concerning my Mother. And to those running against them? I'm all ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was doing the kindest thing for my Mother to allow COSA to oversee her medical care and place her is skilled nursing.
    But they have sold her home for far less than it was worth to an apparent insider friend of a friend.
    They promised to store or bring her valuable belongings or hers. Instead they cleared out the entire house.
    They overlooked the $$$ she had. Such as signed Beatles records. Instead it all got tossed
    Additionally, she was left a trust
    fund and has SSDI. When I move away from Pennsylvania, I plan to investigate where all her money is going.
    Leaving Delco and PA. More corrupt than NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and also I WAS A devout Republican until I saw how corrupt Delaware county's Republican machine is.
    Im not a democrat though.
    This has made me a political agnostic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Franny, I know exactly what you are going through. My family and I have been dealing with COSA for my grandmother. She is suffering from severe dementia and has even tried to commit suicide.

    We tried to have her committed, but COSA said no. We tried getting her into a nursing home, and again COSA said no. They said if she is competent(?!) and cannot be forced to receive care. What a crock...

    Good luck. And yes, vote Micozzie (and every other out-of-touch politician) out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I posted this thread my Mother has suffered 40 stitches and a broken hip. They claim she "fell" out of bed. Does anyone know a good attorney?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been dealing with COSA and have gotten no were. All they have done is wasted my time and caused more grief. My mother needs placement and is not safe on her own. But due to her mental history no one will take her. I have call adult procetion service which is COSA along with the apartment owner to were she live and they say there is nothing they can do. What is the point of having theses services. It is a shame we don't treat animals like this. All any one says is "oh yeah it is really sad, what a shame, I just don't know how you do it." I swear my mother will die waiting for paper work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Attorney dealing with COSA is interested in the experiences of others with this agency. Please respond to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is what I have to say about them, if you hear Cosa, run..as fast as you can.Wolf in Sheep's clothing, never do what they say they are going to do, they must be pocketing the money, because I keep hearing what it is supposed to be used for, I bet you can't come up with anyone that had any home repair's with cosa $ and if they did how long did it take you and was it worth what you had to go threw?? I would venture to say not! Anyone out there ever get any cleaning service from them..heee heee heee...how about financial help..ha ha ha!!!! Now now..do you need me to send some one over to pick you up off the floor from laughing now???
    IM GOING UNDER ANOYMOUS BUT IF THE ATTY WANTS ME JUST POST AND I WILL CONTACT U.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just contacted COSA because my grandmother is being.held hostage by the person who has POA . Her address book has been taken away from her so she can no longer call anyone in the family. The nursing home she is in was given a list of people allowed to see her by the POA. Her phone number was changed so no one can contact her. Is she is in physical danger? No but what about emotional abuse? COSA said they won't do anything!!! We need to spend thousands of dollars none of us has for the right to spend the last few years she has with her. She really has no assets so we are not trying to get anything . So much for.COSA caring about dignity. I saw her one time before I was told about the ban and she was sure no one cares about her since they did not visit or call. She had me search her room for her address book which she thinks she lost. That address book has been in her possession for 60 years. How can COSA say the situation is not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree they lie cover dont care about neglect dont care about 9ut the patient just want to take everything from them

    ReplyDelete
  14. There has very least of people who really work for the elderly people. Those people who worked for helping the elders are really doing some great job. The Delaware Social Services for the Elderly is that kind of organization who will work for the elderly person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How do I get you we need help now July 2018

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.