4/16/2005

Opening Day

Well it's opening day for trout in Pennsylvania. Locally, (Darby Creek) they have stocked over 13,000 Brown and Rainbow trout. No Brook trout though. So what happens to these fish? Are they all caught? Or do they swim on out to the Delaware River? I don't know but I am thinking of going up to Gordons Gun Shop and buying a license with a trout stamp, then casting out. I used to go fishing all the time when I was younger, then, as our sons were old enough, brought them. Now I can appreciate what I put my father through years ago. Goofing off, talking too much, tangling up my lines with other anglers, etc.. My older son just went out about 2 hours ago with his buddies. I'll think I will join them.

1 comment:

  1. To truly enjoy fishing anymore, you've got to go out of Delaware County. Why? Because there are entirely too many douche bags out there over fishing the stocked waters. What? Yea, ever see one of these idiots pull out 6 or 10 fish over thier limit? I have on numerous occassions. In all the years I've fished in Delaware County (over 25) I've only seen a Fish & Game Commision Officer stream side to enforce the laws once, this was 15 years ago. Go north to Adams County, or West to Center County, real fishing my friend. Besides, I got tires of picking up the styrofoam bait containers these douche bags litter on the side of streams anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.