12/24/2004

Merry Christmas To All

Ihope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas. With this war in Iraq, T.O. hurt, record deficits, we could use some divine intervention. But you know you rarely get what one asks for. I remember when I was a kid wanting this motor that you mounted on your bicycle. It was made by Mattel and called Vroom or something like that. My friend Dave Holcombe who's dad worked for Rohm and Haas had bought him one, and he was younger than me. Well I complained to the powers that be (My Mom) and sure enough I also had one bought for me on my Birthday. Imagine an 10 year old strapping this contraption on his bicycle in the middle of February and riding around Upper Darby in freezing snowy weather (It ALWAYS snowed in Delaware County when I was a kid) making noise and screaming like some drug crazed lunatic! I do believe I had ADHD or whatever they call it. But back then, you had nuns at St. Cyril's who would slap the smirk off your face in a heartbeat. Nowadays kids are routinely given Ritalin and other meth drugs to combat this. I say recruit Catholic nuns and let them loose on these sniveling brats.. No more Mr. Nice guy. Here's a toy that I had asked Santa for and got. Yes.. My hero, Major Matt Mason. This was in 1970? My buddy Steve and I were engrossed with the moon landings and were on missions of our own. Toys back then were far more simpler, and required that you used your imagination. Remember this one? The Zero M combination pistol and camera. I went from being an astronaut to a spy in a few days. Who knows how many current CIA ops were influenced by this toy as a child. You could secretly take photos of the nasty neighbor across the street, who you just knew was a russkie KGB agent. And if they caught you in the act, you could silence them. Here's what I want for this Christmas.. Just kidding. More about Drew later.. What I really want is for our young men & women to get the hell out of the Middle East. Period. I think that most people would agree. And to the one's that don't? Bah - Humbug! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.