5/26/2005

Some Weird Shit Going On

Tonight was a weird one. I watched the Lacy Peterson movie on TV while channel hopping to America Idol. I normally do not watch these shows, but with the other half blasting it from the living room, and the kids watching, I figured I'd give it my attention. The guy with the long hair had my vote, being that i love Lynard Skynard and saw them at JFK live. This guy had heart and soul. The blonde chick was a bore to me, she sang well but no body movement, sort of like a stepford wife. Then I had to go and get some milk and coffee from my favorite Wawa, on Oak Ave. Next door, at Thomas's Cafe, was Karaoke. I just had to go in, like a big arm grabbed me by the shirt and drug me along.. As i walked into the Parking Lot I noticed a beautiful GMC 37' to the bottom of the bucket truck with chrome wheels. Must of cost 70 grand. (I hope they have a lot of jobs with it). I went in the bar, and ordered myself a beer and a shot of black bucca. Mike Blessington was the Karaoke MC. Mike is a great guy, not a snob like some other Delco Karaoke people. I told him one and done. My song was "The Letter" from the Box Tops. I have had a sore throat now for weeks, and yet I did ok. Karaoke is fun when your not judged. At Thomas's there is no clique crap. Only people who enjoy to sing. Yay that! I then left and went on home. I have several closed circuit cameras around, both out front and in the back. The one out front (It's infred) caught a weird orb floating or flying in front of it. My DVR recorded it, and i showed it to my wife. She is freaked out about it, telling me that someone must have died nearby. I 've read about these "ORBS", and I'll admit that they are mysterious, but I do not hold the same belief that she does. I'll try to copy the pictures of this to an .AVI file, and post it sometime. P.S. To Mr. Galloway: Way To Go!

4 comments:

  1. I liked the long haired guy too -- he is probably the most down to earth "potential idol" I have seen. Since I am in my 40's...I also grew up with old time rock and roll... this guy will make it. I like your blogs - no BS

    Sweet Pea (in Alabama, and no, I am not a redneck)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. And LOL on the "Redneck".. I believe ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. America needed Bo Bice, but alas, she was not ready for him. Or was she? Bo's loss on American Idol may seem like no big deal, but it's devastating. If he really did lose. There are those who had hoped that Bo's emergence signaled the readiness of Americans to step outside of the corporate manufactured standard we have become. Others suggested that he would never win because he wasn't marketable enough. Yes, some people do believe that when it comes to American Idol, the voting has little to do with the outcome.

    Carrie, as sweet as her voice may be, reaffirms the idea that we are a cookie-cutter nation marching, quite literally, to the same old drum. She is the Nationalistic girl next door the masses have been craving since the turmoil of the election. The judges and the American Idol corporation certainly stand to make a lot of money marketing a pretty, corn-fed cowgirl all the way through the red states. And they probably don't want to encourage Bo's rocker mentality. The current Stepford America is too viable a market for unimaginative pop music and has little room for dissent.

    I pasted this from my blog because it's related. I'm moving back to Delaware County after 2 years in Florida. Great blog, and now I know who to call when I need an electrician.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think that He won. anyway, welcome back to Delco!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.