11/18/2005

My First Post...

...and although a short one, I hope I won't let you all down. Kudos to Upper Darby Township for hosting the counter-terrorism simulation drill last Friday at the high school. I know there were also other areas that had the same drills, from Philadelphia to all the way down in Georgia. Let's just hope that everyone (Police, FF, Paramedics, Dr's & nurses) really took in and learned all the things they needed to know in the event of a REAL tragedy, which would be absolutely devastating to the township. For those interested, you can read the article from the News of Delaware County here. ~kk

3 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard Kate! Yes, I did observe the counter-terrorism simulation drill and it was quite impressive. To be honest with you though I know for a fact that far more has to be done "from within" the schools to provide safety for our students and faculty.

    There is really lax security in many Delco area schools, both public, private, and special education. Archbishop Prendergast, or "Prendie" at least has an electronic door lock, intercom, and security camera, all installed to deny access to people of questionable character. Hint: The rest of Delco Schools should take notice.

    Thanks again for joining us, we all look forward to your blog posts.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm really glad to be here and the invite is appreciated more than you know.

    In regards to the drill and area schools: My children attended Catholic school K-8 at St. Cyril and then St. Lawrence. The doors were locked at ALL times.

    I just can't understand how/why the public schools haven't followed suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I just can't understand how/why the public schools haven't followed suit"

    Because they are not accountable for common sense issues like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.