6/14/2005

Nick Micozzie - My State Representative

I just received a newsletter via my e mail from my state rep, Nick Micozzie. I just wanted to also set the record straight in regard to those who question his sincerity. Although I do not personally know Mr. Micozzie I have both followed his political career and have voted for him every time without fail. This guy does care about the people in his district. It is well known that if you have a problem that needs to be addressed Nick will help you out in any way he can. (Regardless of what party your affiliated with.) So with that I give you Mr. Micozzie's Newsletter. Let's set the record straight. The Democrats are making false claims to distort my voting record. They are saying that my colleagues and I voted against a bill to increase the penalties for theft of firearms. That's a lie. House Bill 1025 would impose felony penalties for: · Theft of a rifle or shotgun, and · Receipt of a stolen firearm by individuals not previously involved in criminal enterprises. Quite simply, this bill will reduce firearms violence by putting criminals in jail for gun theft. These penalties include up to seven years in jail and a fine of up to $15,000. These increased penalties (felony level) for gun theft were approved and sent to the Senate for consideration. Just for the record, I nor any of my colleagues were "instructed" by the NRA. In fact, they weren't even involved, not that it would have changed my vote. Either House Democrats need to check their facts or they just don't care about firing off such gross misrepresentations of my voting record. This legislation is in the best interest of law-abiding Pennsylvanians. It will help keep our families safe from crime and violence. I voted in favor of it. Period. http://www.repmicozzie.com District Address, Phone Numbers Harrisburg Office - 105 Ryan Office Building Harrisburg, PA 17120 Phone: 717-783-8808 Fax: 717-783-0688 District Office - 6 South Springfield Road, Clifton Heights, PA 19018 Phone: 610-259-2820 Fax: 610-259-7019 Hours: M-F 9:00 - 4:00 I do agree with Mr.Micozzie on this bill. But one thing that I would be worried about is that say one (like myself) bought a used shotgun at a flea market. The gun turned out to be stolen. That that make me a felon? Should I do 7 years for buying a gun that I had no way of knowing at the time that it was in fact previously stolen? Would the courts even care? Maybe, maybe not. But the bill to me is in the whole a good one, and I'm in disbelief that the Democrats would stoop to lying to gain ground. You know I never really did grasp the two party system. I mean, we are all Americans, right? So shouldn't politicians put aside their partisan fluff and do what is best for ALL the people? What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Be grateful you've got Nick. I'm stuck with Greg Vitali "The Good Government Fairy" about the only thing he offers residents of Haverford Twp. is free notary at his office on Darby Rd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to have Greg Vitali as my state rep, and I'm not impressed at all in my dealings with Micozzie.

    I'll stick with Vitali...thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must've had quite a bit of paperwork that needed notarization, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, Fran. I'm involved with the Democratic Party and have worked on campaigns in Upper Darby.

    There is no way in hell that Micozzie has the best interests of his constituency in mind. He has is own interests at heart and the interests of the Delco Republican Party. This is a man who is one of the stalwarts of the Republican Machine--the same machine where you can not get a job unless you are a registered Republican in this county or in UD township.

    He is part of the problem of cronism that has plagued this county and has stopped us from reaching real progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upper Darby is run by the "Micozzi Regime".

    Nick-State Rep.

    Tom, his son, Upper Darby Council

    Karen, his daughter,District Justice,which incidently, a post was created in Secane and she just happened to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I called Rep. Micozzie's Office with a concern and nobody ever got back to me.

    Two months later I went to his office. He acted like it was killing him to spend a few minutes listening to my concerns.

    I was really turned off by him and I don't think that I will be voting for him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was and interesting read about Pennsylvania Insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shut up about cronyism--all parties
    have their own cronyism problem.
    Just look at the freakazoids running Lansdowne, dirty group
    of angry hippy freaks that are too
    cheap to go to a hairdresser or
    barber (ugly hair problems) and let their dirty feet
    hang out in filthy old Birkenstocks. When I see Birkenstocks and long hair freaks
    that never made it in society-I
    run for the hills. They can't get
    jobs so they manipulate their way
    into government. Loser group now
    think they know about telling us
    about our "human rights". Such
    a haughty and fake bunch of creeps
    that think we are uneducated and
    don't know our contitutional rights!
    they are self appointed to tell us
    all about it. Of course, they are not interested in all rights, just
    their own cherry picked ones. Micozzie is a saint compared to this
    dirty 60's washed out hippie crowd.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.