8/15/2006

Call Me Lefty

A few days ago, (August 13th to be exact) was Left Handed Day. After seeing this it reminded me of the fact that I am a lefty. (Not in the political sense mind you, I'm a floater.) It also reminded me that us "Lefties" should rise up against you "Righties", as in better acceptance of us and better products like everyday items that we all use. Ask a Lefty how he/she uses a simple can opener and you"ll find that all have to use thier right hand. Telephones, power tools, televisions, vending machines, even computers all are made for you righties. You all have it made! There was one study that found that Lefties live on average 11.0 years less than thier Righty counterparts. This is because of all the stress we are put through, starting at a very young age. I couldn't tie my damn shoelaces until I was 7 years old, only after a fellow Lefty showed me how. Tying a tie? Really a task! Having Right-Handed parents did not help one bit. The Nuns at St. Cyrils looked upon me as a freak, (Like they were normal,) and my fellow classmates seemed to enjoy making fun of the way I wrote. Getting older, my hero was Steve Carlton, a lefty, who was the best Phillies pitcher ever. Number 32 threw a mean slider, and just flat out froze those righty batters. Everytime I watched him, I would say to myself; Go gettem'Steve! Ok, enough of this. Here are some great people who are like me, a LEFTY. Presidents: George Bush (Senior) Bill Clinton Benjamin Franklin Gerald Ford Thomas Jefferson John F. Kennedy Ronald Reagan (My Man, Share the same Birthday) Other people of note include: Helen Keller, Benjamin Netanyahu, Norman Schwarzkopf, Bob Dole, Napoleon Bonaparte, Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, and hundreds more. In closing I want to say that Us "Lefties" are in our RIGHT mind. You "Righties" can all learn a lesson or two. Living in your Right-Handed world is not too fun. Try it sometime. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot about my friend Paul! Also, I remember watching "Oceans 12" when Catherine Zeta Jones asks the "fake" Julia Roberts to sign her autograph..

    There are many great Left Handed people out there.. And some not so great..

    Speaking of Roberts, I wonder if our friend and co contributor Don is releated to Julia?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.