12/12/2006

Get It Right MSM!

Today some kid killed himself in his High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania. Horrible thing, especially around Christmas. My heart goes out to his family and friends. My problem is with the local media. When this story broke on KYW this morning, I thought hell, Springfield High School, as in Delaware County? Even tonight, right now on Channel Six, they are saying: Springfield Township, Pennsylvania in their report. Imagine parents of children in our "Springfield High School" hearing what I did this morning on the radio? GET IT RIGHT MEDIA! If you broadcast into Delaware County, as well as "Montgomery County" (Where the tragedy happened) you should say what county you’re reporting about!

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing when it happened because I used to work in Media. The city not the field. And when they kept saying Springfield High in Montgomery County I knew they were getting it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ON THE MSM:
    1. Most reporters are transients.
    2. The hell with facts.
    3. Next tradgedy.

    This blog and others will, in time, replace the monolithic media.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.