1/11/2007

Feeling Old Feeling Groovy

Natalie and her friends Well last night I took my younger Daughter Natalie (picutued on right with beer in hand) to Thomas's Cafe in Primos for her 21st birthday which was last week. She came down with her friend Kerry ( girl in hat.) My wife, my nephew and his friend also were there. We had a great time, had some food and drinks etc. When I got home I sat down and realized that I am getting old. The music the kids listened to was foriegn -(with the exception of a few Patsy Cline and Kenny Rogers songs) and even the language spoken. I think back 30 years ago and remember how the world looked to me then, and what I imagined how it would be like when I turned 30, not to mention 45.. Well now that I've reached that age I only can look at the future and what it will bring. When I was 21, Ozzy Osbourne was biting off a bat's head on stage, The Faulkand War was happening, Bands like DIO, Toto, and Rainbow were in full swing, a gallon of gas shot up to a buck twenty - five, Ronald Reagan was our president, and David Letterman debuts on NBC after the Tonite Show with Johnny Carson. Our world didn't look so bad back then come to think about it. So how does a twenty one year old see it today?

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Hang in there Fran, age is just a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Casey, how are ya! Yes age is just a state of mind but being in my mid (going on late forties) I have become what I said as a younger man would never happen. I actually follow politics.. Years ago, all that mattered to me was fast cars, fast women and drinks all night long.

    Now? I am a pixel junkie, addicted to the monitor. Hope things are good on your end, say hello to your Dad, I didn't forget about the electrical work.

    P.S. My daughter say's hello and thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. I can just pictue her on the cover of Cosmo or Elle. You must have had boys beating down your front door to get to her! I don't know how you were able to sleep at night! ;)

    Happy birthday to her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kate! It's called an Ithaca 37... (Kidding!) She's a very street smart young woman who for the most part grew up somewhat like a Tomboy. Hope things are good with you.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm feeling REALLY OLD, 12 years later!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.