1/14/2007

Keep It Local - How Comcast Keeps The Competition Out

I use Verizon as both my telephone and Internet access for both my home & business. I have a Verizon DSL connection that on average is 2 times faster uploading than both Comcast And RCN (Both of which I have used at one time or another as my broadband connection.) After reading this article last month I contacted Verizon asking them when they would be installing FIOS in my area. In my opinion, the above web site is nothing more than spreading dis-information about Verizon, and asking people to add fuel to their fire (Or $$$ in their bank accounts)by signing the petition. I do not like internet access via cable. It is like a bunch of rats on the week end all running through the sewer and then stopping to fight over a piece of crap, blocking the rest of the rats from going about their business. Bottom line? Comcast, RCN, and the rest of the "Cable Companies" are trying to suppress Verizon and technology that would improve the consumers life and broadband connection tenfold, and interfere with the bottom line of their coffers.. (As in stocks, etc) Sounds like the oil companies. A dying breed, eh?

6 comments:

  1. Comcast's domination of local cable and internet will continue as long as Ed Rendell is governor. His right hand man, David Cohen, is the Pretorian Guard for Comcast in Pennsylvania. Rendell is employed by Comcast for his TV gigs - and don't underestimate the power Rendell gets from being on the Eagles post game show. Ask most people from Delco why they voted for him and the most frequent response will be taht they like him on the Eagles show - he seems like a nice guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Comcast. Verizon is trying to take over the cable market. Comcast is superior to your dsl line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one is tyring to stop 'technologies'; you want the state to dictate how your rights of way are managed? If you have local corruption, rout it out. State franchising (or worse, federal) would move control over land, poles, trenches, and conduits away further from individuals and consolidate it in the corporate interest pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really could care less about who owns what since I'm not a shareholder of any of the fu(*ed up "Cable Companies".
    Wanna know what really pisses me off?
    I remember my father, back in the 80's, yelling and moaning that he wasn't gonna pay for television to be clearer when cable tv was first offered in Philadelphia.
    $25 a month, "highway robbery" he said, so I would go to a friends house on the other side of Broad Street to get my MTV!
    Now, for only a mere $179 per month, I get RCN cable, internet and telephone all in one bill! My poor dad would have had a heart atttack upon receiving the first bill.

    HDTV is soon a requirement in all television sets across the nation. What will that do for my monthly bill??
    Please tell, I need to start another job to pay to read my favorite blog and watch my HBO!

    HUGS,
    Michaelene

    xoxoxox
    www.mypartygal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read in the Daily Times that Comcast contributed $100,000.00 to the Rendell Cornation, er, Inauguration. How does this guy get away with it? Why does he get a pass?

    ReplyDelete
  6. verizon has a superior service that has comcast beat. now they are scrambling to keep their 99% market share. they will do anything, even lie, but that is not unusual.

    ever talk to a comcast rep? its their way or the highway!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.