3/19/2006

Google AdSense - A way to retire?

I have been playing around with this now since the fall of last year and have yet to master it. I have read that some people have made over 100 K in 6 months adding their codes to web sites. I personally am at a loss as to how to try and master this. I've put their code on both here, Our Forums and on the Index pages, with limited results. The google adsense code is supposed to read your content, then add relavant ads. I'm betting that they cannot keep up. Here is the "Green Taffy" code, and I'll add some "Adwords" about photography.
"I took a picture of some flowers down at Darby creek In Drexel Hill. I used my Cannon AE-1 and used an F-stop of whatever. My film was ASA 400 Kodak brand."
Now, look above and to the right of this post and tell me what you see. Do you see Camera ads? Or Real Estate ads? To me this is way beyond my coding experience, but to Google, it has made them BILLIONS.. P.S. If your local and want to add your business web site to this site (For Free), just click here and fill in your information. And while your at it, click on every google ad you see. I need a vacation this summer. Better yet, just call us if you need any electrical work done and live in Delco or the surrounding areas. Liz Electric Inc.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've made about $0.04 cents off of my blogads so far, but of course I only average about 50 hits per day.

    I think you really have to have the dooce.com approach (and number of hits, which I've heard is in the neighborhood of 50K daily) to make enough for a nice island trip.

    Still, keep hope alive. I sure wouldn't mind mnaking enough to live off of my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Mrs. Harridan! Google adsense is a rather new thing to me as far as these Adsense codes. We average about 750 uniques a day here, and just went to $100.00 in revenue from google.

    This web site (Totally Delco) cost me $120.00 a year for the server and $35.00 for the name. I think that I'll cover both by the end of December and that is a plus.

    I can link to you and add you as a contributor if you like. Just shoot me an e-mail at frannyward@yahoo.com and i'll send you an invitation.


    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.