3/18/2005

Another Friday And Broke Again

It's another Friday here in Delaware County and I only have one job to do. My cell phones were turned off due to non payment. (Thanks Nextel). Why didn't I pay it? Well you see I am owed over $14,000.00 from various clients that feel they can string you along for months. Much like most of us try with the credit card companies. The difference is, with C.C. companies, you end up losing. I believe that both them and the banks are in cahoots with the credit bureaus such as TransUnion, Equifax, and others. Late on a payment? Your at their mercy. Even utility companies are joining in. So here I sit, sick with the uncertainty that I will ever see the money. It's difficult being self- employed in America. You can't afford healthcare for your family, yet make too much to ask for assistance. You spend over 40% on materials for the jobs at hand, and then what you do have left goes to the feds. Now if I were an illegal alien, I could get healthcare. Am I correct? I'm sure I am. The price of Gasoline is going to be $3.00 + by July. Should I raise my labor rate? Hardly. I'd lose clients. Maybe the best thing to do is to go and work for a large corporation. You know, 40 hrs. a week, minimal benefits if at all, and be a slave. Welcome To America..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.