3/13/2005

Erin Go Braugh (Ireland Forever)

Or for all you sicko's, Erin Go Braless lol.. Seriously, I hope everyone is having a happy and safe St.Patrick's weekend both here in Delaware County and elsewhere. I watched the St.Paddy's day parade this morning on the boob tube. It was a fine parade. I've haven't been down there in quite a few years now but still enjoy the dancers and music and the togetherness from afar none the less.
I see that my good friend Tommy Moffit is still going strong doing the officiating/announcing. Im proud to be Irish and proud to know/known so many talented musicians growing up such as Kevin McGillian, Mary McGillian, Pat Collins, Vince Gallagher, and a slew of others whom I met through my father.
I still have many cassette and reel to reel tapes of these people in sessions at various places. My Pop loved his music, and as I sit here typing this I can still hear him and others playing an old Joe Burke tune.. Long live Irish Traditional Music and R.I.P. Dad.
I just had to add this picture of Siobhan Boyle.

She's a local woman who is an avid (rabid) fan of BLACKTHORN.
And when I come across a fine Irish lass like she is on the net I just have to give her a thumbs up. More pictures of Siobhan can be found here. Note to self: I must get out more..
Never heard of Blackthorn you say?Well Blackthorn is a local Irish rock band that got it's roots around 1990.
In fact, my Cousin Patsy Ward and Johnny Boyce (He's the Guy ducking in the picture above) were in a band called the "Atlantic Connection", in the late eighties before Patsy had to return to Ireland. John went on to be one of the original members. They have added many tunes since then and are working on yet another album to add to their musical accomplishments. Note: At the same time in 87' I was in a band called "Fallen Timber". No lie! We played at Travers a few times and had a wild time.. (I was the guitarist). More about my band-days later..
Anyway, enough of this bullocks. Just be sure to tune in on Thursday morning on 610 WIP at 6:00 AM to listen to these guys live at Brownies 23 East. Should be a hoot! And for more of the beautiful and multi talented Siobhan, Click Here.
And finally, here's to the band called Causeway that my cousin is in, along with Pat Close, Bill Binkley, Gerry Clark, and the lovely Karen Boyce!
Here's a pic.
and a better one here..
Causeway's official web site can be accessed here. Be damn sure to sign their guestbook too! And although they are not in the area as of this post, they will be at JD McGillicuddy's, West Chester Pike, Kirklyn, Upper Darby, PA. on April 1st! It has a Brand new Irish bar, was formerly known at O'Malley's. A hop, skip and jump away from the "BIG L" Llannerch Diner.You know, the Llanarch, the place to go to at 4:00 AM and git your bacon and eggs I prefer the Big O myself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.