3/10/2005

Karaoke In Delaware County

Tonight I had to go to my favourite Wawa and get some eggs and cigs for tomorrow. Next door at Thomas'Cafe, it was Karaoke Night. Being the ham I am I just had to go in. Buster the bartender was busy as the place was packed. I ordered my usual, an ive cold Budweiser and a shot of black bucca. There was a Marine recruiter up on the improvised stage, singing a song called "American Soldier". I watched him and listened to him. He was great! I never heard the song before (It is a country song), but hell yeah it broke my heart. I acually had chills up my spine as I thought about all the men & women in Iraq and hell, EVERYWHERE else that are in the service. I'm sure they have chills up their spines also, but not from listening to a song. You see, I've become attached to these people, in a weird way. They are our brothers & sisters, Americans. As they took thier oaths at the recruting centers across the country, each and every one of them had their reasons for doing so. So as I listened to "Big Dog" singing his song I wondered just how he felt about the current clusterfuck going on. I hope to see him again next week. To all out there who read this? Just pause one moment a day, only if for a moment, and visualize yourself in the service right now. To any Servicemen & Women who may stumble across this post? Were with you, more than the Chickenhawks in Washington. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. I grew up in Delco and served in the Army. I made the mistake of letting an Army doctor work on me, so now I'm retired.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.