7/25/2004

Sick as a dawg - Again

I have acute bronchitis and pneumonia. Last winter I had the same thing and cracked a rib coughing. Still smoking these damn cigarettes though. It amazes me that people like me can be so addicted to something even knowing that the product is killing them. The last time I quit smoking was in 1981, and only for 2 years. But I did it cold turkey, with no support other than Gods. So, when you factor in that a  pack and ½ a day for twenty one years at an average of  3.00 a pack at 365 days plus those weekend binges and buying the girl friend’s and  wife them adds up to about $12,500.00. And I’m not even including all the Budweiser in all those same years either. I try to quit, and then within a few hours go nuts. Literally. Nicotine to me is probably like heroine to a junkie. I have tried the patch, gum, and cold turkey and nothing helps. It doesn’t help that the wife smokes either. So, I pose the question to ex smokers. How did you do it? Were you just sick and tired of being sick and tired? Did the doc warn you that you were heading for trouble? At this very moment, I am puffing and hacking away.  I really need to contact these people.   A WAWA coffee in the morning to me just won’t cut it if my Winston’s aren’t included. All that money. Speaking of money, what ever happened to the billions of dollars the states (including ours) received? Did I, the nicotine junkie see any? Just who received that cash? Well, it’s time to head out to WAWA. Have a smoke free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your thoughts... Try to keep it clean.